Know Your Contractor

Whether you use A1 HandyPro General Contractor LLC or not you should know your contractor.

Contractors in the states of Washington and Oregon must be licensed, insured, and bonded. It is the law. Even though it is the law there are many in both states that are not licensed.

Before you hire a contractor get their license and the name of the company they are working for. You can check their license to make sure they are in good standing with the state by going to these websites.


Here are a few contractors that you may not want to use.


Protect Yourself

Do not pay them in cash. Do not write your check or money order in that person’s name. Always make you check payable to the company’s name.

If you are not sure call the state you live in and that will help you.

In Washington call:

Contractor information – 1-800-647-0982 OR 360-902-5226

Crime victims compensation – 1-800-762-3716

Report fraud  – 1-888-811-5974


Information – 503-378-4621

Enforcement Manager
Stan Jessup

​​Report illegal activity

Use this online form​ to report unlicensed contractors and other illegal construction activity.